Learn about Blockchain: what is it? Is it a good fit for your business? How can it benefit you or your business?
The biggest disruption since the Internet is here to stay. Get your spot before it sells out!
Check out our last Blockchain Workshop Video.
PART 1: Blockchain 101
Dec 7 – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
*Complimentary breakfast will be available from 8:30AM
This comprehensive course provides an overview of the Blockchain technology including its history, evolution and the future. It will give you a competitive advantage in the Blockchain space by understanding the implications and business opportunities associated with how Blockchain is affecting global industries.
Our goal is for YOU to leave the course with a broad understanding of what Blockchain is, the global competitive landscape, and core concepts of how Blockchain can benefit a company’s performance.
Includes public vs. private blockchains, impact on industry and practical business use cases.
Existing platforms: Hashgraph, Ethereum, Bitcoin and Hyperledger.
PART 2: Blockchain Lab
Dec 7 – 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
*Complimentary lunch will be available from 12PM
This workshop is for software developers who are interested in the underlying mechanisms that make up a blockchain. You should already be familiar with some basic concepts behind databases, computer networks and basic protocols. Some concepts that will be taught:
● Technical Context: Overview of Ethereum blockchain focusing on its foundational role for DApps.
● Solidity Walkthrough: Walkthrough of common Solidity design patterns used in Ethereum smart contracts. Emphasis on the difference in approach to coding between a DApp developer vs. traditional developer.
● Smart Contract Development: You will build a fully functional token crowdsale smart contract with the mentors’ guidance, once completed you will be guided on how to deploy your contract onto the ethereum test network.
● DApp Development: You will build and deploy a group of smart contracts, and interact with them through a React front-end DApp.
CHOOSE BETWEEN SESSION 1, SESSION 2, or BOTH SESSIONS.
Who is this Course for?
Anyone aspiring to learn new technology can take this the course. Executives, decision makers, entrepreneurs, students and professionals interested in a career in the blockchain technology should opt for the course.
Programming knowledge is only required for those planning to attend to Session 2.
After completing this Workshop, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of Blockchain technology
- Assess how blockchain can impact different industries
- Perceive how transactions are validated by miners
- Comprehend the difference between cryptocurrency and other practical blockchain use cases
- Discuss the compelling use-cases of blockchain
- Interpret the prospects of blockchain