As educators, we have had to deal with unprecedented change. It is hard to keep your head above water, let alone have the mental space to try new tech.
As Jennifer Gonzalez of Cult of Pedagogy says,
“It’s hard to imagine a time in recent history when we had more distractions, more challenges, more stuff to think about that is way more important than technology. But as someone reminded me earlier today, the show must go on. You still have work to do. You still have students who need an education.”
So, in that spirit, she wrote a blog entitled, 6 Edtech Tools to Try in 2021. Even though 2021 is over, it’s not too late to give them a try! Her 6 picks include:
- Mote – helping make timely feedback easier
- AllSides – gives students information from all sides of the political spectrum
- Google Lens – allows students to search what they see
- Bulb – a portfolio building tool
- EmbraceRace – a collection of resources to help in “raising children in a world where race matters.”
- Prezi Video – now you can include the animation features of Prezi and show your face at the same time
Be on the look out for Jennifer’s suggestions for Edtech Tools to try this year.